Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Maintaining a Healthy Perspective About Fitness is Important


I adopted a healthy lifestyle years ago and never looked back. Today it's my state of being and natural existence.

In fact, my passion for health and fitness has become my occupation. When you do what you love, it really doesn't feel like work. It's a sharing and teaching of how I live my life. It feels awesome to be able to provide this gift to so many people.

About Fitness

I am realistic about health and fitness. I don't teach perfection but celebrate progress. Fitness is not about a restrictive lifestyle but a healthy balance of eating right most of the time and regular exercise.

I also don't believe in taking fitness to an extreme where it feels like a burden. What I do encourage is a positive mental game and a healthy perspective about health and fitness. This includes enjoying the food you eat and the exercise you perform. Living healthy should feel like a happy daily existence.

About Food Intake

I  prefer cooking at home and enjoy the process. This allows me to have control over what I am eating and reduces the salt and saturated fats that come with restaurant fare. I prefer to buy organic, real whole foods that include a wide variety of vegetables, fruits, lean meats, nuts, grains, and certain dairy products. I also believe that all foods can and should be in a healthy lifestyle. This means I enjoy homemade brownies, cookies, burgers, and steak when I want it. Eating healthy most of the time allows for those occasional cravings like chocolate or french fries to be satisfied without the guilt. Life is about balance, not deprivation. 

I don't believe in diets and don't count calories. Diets are overly restrictive, not sustainable, and set people up for frustration and failure. Studies have shown that people may initially lose weight on a diet but gain it back plus more because it can't be sustained as a lifestyle. I couldn't agree more with the coined phrase that 'diets don't work'.

Diet culture has done a great disservice to healthy eating and what that means. It has caused lots of stress and frustration over what should be a basic process to sustain life. And this is a big problem today with how people view food and themselves. Helping clients breakthrough diet cycles is one of the biggest challenges of a nutritional guide. And the greatest success is helping someone develop a healthy relationship with food to complement improved fitness.

About Workouts

I believe workouts can be effective without being extreme and drawn out. I don't spend endless hours in the gym to maintain my body. In fact, studies indicate an effective workout can be completed in 60 minutes or less. I also feel my workouts are a healthy outlet and not a punishment for eating crappy. I make sure to get in 4-5 workouts per week with at least two recovery days. I would describe my healthy lifestyle as realistic, sustainable, and mentally positive.

About My Best Self

Doing my best means doing what works best for me and my body. And that's good enough.

Fitness is an individual, not a universal process so we can't compare our fitness programs and results with another person. The truth is we could all eat the same, perform the same workouts, and not look the same.

Doing my best is based on daily personal improvements and that is the beautiful part about health and fitness. It will be different and look different for each person. And the acceptance of this is so important for self-love and body positivity.

Thanks for stopping by my Blog and don't forget to subscribe and never miss a free update!

LEAVE A COMMENT
         


1 comment:

  1. It's been a problem to me of how to refuse food and be fit, thanks for this inspirational words.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and Questions