Personal Training, Fitness and Nutrition Motivation

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Eggnog Protein Oat Pancakes for the Holidays

Hi Readers

This morning I was playing around in the kitchen trying to make my favorite protein oat pancakes and realized I had no eggs. Quick thinking led me to a carton of light eggnog that I enjoyed the other evening while decorating my tree. I figured, what the heck, I will give this a try instead of eggs.

The eggnog substitute worked like a charm and the pancakes were fluffy and flavor simply wonderful. I continue to make these as part of my holiday treats for breakfast.

Holiday Healthy Egg Nog Pancakes

Makes 2 very large pancakes (2 servings)

1 cup rolled oats blended to flour consistency
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder (usually 25g per scoop)
1 tbsp wheat germ
1 tbsp flax meal
2 tsp baking powder
Light eggnog (enough to make pouring consistency)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Pour batter onto prepared griddle and let cook until bubbles form. Turn pancakes over and cook through. Should be fluffy. Don't overcook or they may be dry.

I enjoy mine with honey, but also enjoy pure maple syrup, fresh fruit, berries or fruit only apple butter.

I eat one serving and save the other for the next morning or another snack/meal.

These pancakes are a rich source of essential nutrients from complex carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats. They are also high in fiber and provide lots of fuel for a healthy body.

Enjoy the recipe and Happy Holidays!

Thanks for stopping by my Blog. Remember to subscribe and never miss a free update.
Be well and Stay Healthy 


5 comments:

  1. Does it make me bad because I have never had egg nog? I'm not sure why I have never had the desire to try this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love eggnog, so I can only imagine how protein pancakes would taste with a little bit! YUM!!
    ;-)
    KO

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm, that sounds totally yummy! I went grocery shopping today too... and what did I buy??? Lite Egg Nogg!!! YAY!!!! :) Guess I'll be making my Christmas Healthy Pancakes this week! Thank you for sharing!

    *hugs*
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm an LMT too! don't you love it? training for my first figure competition and have a long way to go. just ran across your blog. you look awesome! very inspiring.

    e

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had stumbled across this recipe before I hit the grocery store. It sounds great. I do not like the consistency of egg nog but I love the flavor. I will have to get some before the holiday season is over. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and Questions