Mindless eating is ugly and what it does to your body is even worse. Many of us walk around with brains turned off and grab whatever food items are in our grazing path. No rhyme or reason but doing an auto-pilot action of putting something in your face.
You know the glazed over look watching TV and mowing through a whole bag of chips. How about the work break room goodies brought back to the desk as you plug away at your computer. Often times, we're not hungry, not thinking, and eating out of boredom or habit. This continued pattern isn't good for you or your expanding waistline.
Emotions can play a role in mindless eating and it's recommended to address these issues in a healthy way. There is no amount of tasty donuts or pizza fixing an emotional problem. What it will do is add fat to your body and another reason to be stressed. Why not look into professional help, go to a counselor, see a minister, or talk to a trusted friend.
- Toss the junk food in the frig and pantry and replace it with healthy "real" food.
- Get off your butt and start working out instead of sitting on it so much.
- Stop blaming your spouse, significant other, friends or circumstances for mindless eating.
- Just because someone in your home brings in crap food doesn't mean you have to eat it.
- Start packing healthy snacks for work and stay out of the break room.
- Drink water if you feel the urge to eat without thinking.
- Ask yourself if what you're eating is helping or hurting your health.
- Be mindful of alcohol intake. Are you really having only one drink?
- Make a plan to eat healthily and stick to it.
- Keep a food journal and be honest with yourself.
|Be well and Stay Healthy|