Take it SlowMany of us can jump too far ahead wanting instant results. Unrealistic expectations can derail how you feel about yourself and your fitness program. The goal is to avoid frustration and maintain a positive outlook.
Part of being successful with your program is learning to slow down and allow yourself to be a beginner. This will take being patient and trusting the process.
If you have reached your goals and fallen back into unhealthy habits, this is for you as well. Recovering from injury will also require being patient with you.
Stay ConsistentFitness takes time and consistent effort. Achieving your goals is a life-long progressive program. We are always a work in progress. The following tips on how to set realistic fitness goals will be helpful:
- Allow yourself to be a beginner.
- Adopt the mindset of fitness is a life-long journey.
- Results don't happen fast so be patient with your progress.
- It's ok not to know everything at once.
- Start where you are and enjoy the process.
- Take one day at a time and avoid jumping too far ahead.
- Healthy weight loss is 1lb to no more than 3lbs per week.
- Muscle takes time to build, be patient.
- It will feel hard and that is normal, keep going.
- Maintain a fitness journal and repeat healthy weeks.
- Baby steps create big results.
- Avoid quick-fix diets and fitness gimmicks.
- Workout 3-5 days per week for at least 30 minutes. (this is doable)
- Drink more water, eliminate soda, decrease alcohol. (you can do it)
- Focus on today and making healthy choices.
- Don't expect to lose 20lbs in one week - stay realistic.
- Avoid comparing yourself to others.
- Each day you will become healthier, stronger, and better.
- Start by making 3 healthy changes per day and repeat until it's a habit.
- You can do it!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and being part of the New Year, New You in 365 Days program. Remember to subscribe and never miss important updates to keep you motivated.
LEAVE A COMMENT