Because starting your fitness program is usually easier than sticking with it over time.
Staying MotivatedHow do you stay motivated with health and fitness?
It comes down to your mental game and discipline. You will not always be motivated, but discipline takes over and provides the drive to keep going.
Motivation involves a feeling whereas discipline is all about action. You will not want to eat right or exercise all the time and you may even dread it. You are not alone. This happens to all of us at every fitness level.
Hang in There!The important thing is not to quit, or base your fitness program on a fleeting feeling. Discipline is what gets you to the workout and motivation kicks in once you get started. Being around other people who are working towards a similar goal can be very motivating.
The same goes for eating healthy and meal prep. You may be tempted to order a pizza instead of getting out the pots and pans to cook healthy food and clean a big kitchen mess afterward. However, once you get in there and start chopping, grilling, and slow-cooking it becomes an enjoyable experience.
You are gaining control of what you're eating and feel good about the accomplishment. This is called sticking to the program and has nothing to do with motivation. Although, feeling better about your choices can be very motivating. Again, it starts with discipline and the actions to motivate the process.
Staying motivated takes daily choices and a positive attitude. It's more about discipline and wanting to succeed than feelings. Once you grasp that it's absolutely normal to feel unmotivated sometimes is when you actually gain motivation. You understand actions speak louder than feelings and will keep you going when motivation is lacking.
Helpful Tips and IdeasThe following tips may help during those times when motivation needs a boost:
- Realize motivation is a feeling that changes daily.
- Discipline carries you when motivation is lacking.
- Do your workout anyway - you will feel better afterward.
- Stay positive and surround yourself with like-minded people with similar goals.
- Reach out to a friend or significant other to help keep you accountable.
- Hire a personal trainer.
- You are not too busy (excuses are unacceptable).
- Whatever is going on in your life, you can succeed.
- Place post-it notes with positive affirmations all over the place.
- You have come too far to only come this far. Keep going!
- The struggle is real and the best reason to keep going.
- You can do it!
- Join a gym and take fitness classes.
- Sign up for a healthy cooking class.
Thanks for stopping by my Blog. Remember to subscribe and never miss free updates important to your program. Let's do this!
LEAVE A COMMENT